ALEXANDRA PARK MEDICAL CENTRE UPDATE 2020/2021
COVID-19 Immunisation plan.
APMC has commenced our COVID vaccination program with the AstraZeneca vaccine for all people 50 years and over.
Because Pfizer is prioritized to under 50s, it looks unlikely that the Pfizer vaccine will be available in sufficient quantities
for those aged 50 years and over this year.
Therefore, we strongly recommend
that you get vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine as soon as you can.
It is highly likely that an annual COVID immunisation will be required as for the Flu Vaccine. It is also likely the booster in 2022 will be Pfizer or Moderna.
All immunisations will be bulk billed and the vaccine is supplied free by the government.
We are contacting patients who meet the current eligibility requirements to arrange an appointment to have this.
APMC Caring for your health needs
- We anticipate COVID-19 precautions will continue for all of 2021.
- We will continue to provide services as usual for all your medical needs through our front entrance. In our waiting rooms we will be maintaining social distancing and recommended Government precautions. You will have the option of waiting on our newly screened front veranda.
- We will continue our same day “fever clinic” service via our back car park entrance with our partitioned rear waiting room. (To isolate at risk patients).
- All patients over 16 years of age with a fever, cough, runny nose or sore throat should inform the receptionist when they phone for an appointment.
- All the rear surgery car parks will be left vacant. So, if advised to present to the rear car park, then drive around to the rear and phone reception to say you have arrived. Stay in your car, keep your mobile phone uninterrupted, and wait for the doctor to phone you. (This rear entrance also applies to quick clinic children who have a fever as well)
Our Registered Nurse, Kara Fines, is now an accredited nurse pap smear provider. If you are only requiring a pap smear, appointments can just be made with Kara for this.
Dr Alice Reye will be taking maternity leave during the 2nd half of 2021. At this stage she will plan to return to limited part time work in 2022. She is not currently taking new patients.